The MIO Coalition members benefit from the synergy that comes from working together as a team with a common goal. MIO members match public funds with private dollars to support sales in retail grocery stores, local and national restaurant chains, and other non-traditional outlets. Retail advertisements, point-of-sale materials, billboards, TV Commercials, social media outreach, food service sales promotions, contests, and special appearances create awareness of the different food products grown and processed in our state. By working together, most members gain a level of exposure and recognition that they would not be able to reach on their own.
MIO recognizes that the goals and objectives of each company are as unique as the products they manufacture so we have established three different committees to help members reach their target market, no matter what niche it might be.
- Retail Committee – Monitors changes in retail and develops plans to increase awareness of MIO in retail settings. The subcommittee works with members, teaching them how to tell their stories.
- Food Service Committee – Bridges the gap between MIO members, restaurants, and the public through food shows, demonstrations, etc.
- Emerging Committee – Particularly useful for small, green organizations, the subcommittee provides education in specialized marketing.
Why Become a Restaurant Member?
After over a decade of raising awareness for made in Oklahoma products, The MIO Coalition recognized that consumers in our state not only want to shop for local products at the grocery store, but they also want to support the Oklahoma restaurants that incorporate locally produced food and beverage items into their culinary creations. For an Oklahoma restaurant to become part of the MIO network, they must utilize a minimum number of MIO products and complete an online application. To find out more about all of the great MIO products available to order, contact your food service delivery person today!
The Restaurant of the Month promotion was implemented to provide additional support and recognition to those MIO restaurant members that go above and beyond the baseline requirements for membership by offering a robust selection of MIO products to their patrons. After each restaurant of the month is selected, a public voting process is implemented at the beginning of the next calendar year to determine who will be named MIO Restaurant of the Year. The winner of the MIO Restaurant of the Year campaign will receive a plaque of recognition, free advertising through MIO, a special feature on the MIO website and social media platforms as well as a $1,000 donation to the food bank of their choice.
As an MIO Restaurant Member you will enjoy the following benefits:
- Candidate for Restaurant of the Month Promotion
- Year-Round Social Media & PR Exposure
- Seasonal Co-op Advertising Opportunities
- MIO Window Clings
- MIO Mobile-Friendly Website Listing
- Access to MIO Logo
- Opportunity to participate in Radio Campaign with Magic 104.1