Southern Brunch Quiche with Vegetable Crust
“I enjoy meeting the people who create Made In Oklahoma products. I can also find some unique products that are different from others on the shelf. The products are really good and easy to cook with. Supporting Made In Oklahoma products is important because they can be exported out of Oklahoma and bring income back to owners, workers, and Oklahoma. MIO companies provides job to people who need them. We get to enjoy fresher food because the food is made closer to us.” – Karson Potter
- For Crust:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Peel and shred potato. Shred zucchini. Sprinkle lightly with salt and allow to set for 5 minutes to put out moistures.
- Wrap potatoes in cheese cloth and squeeze moisture. Repeat with zucchini. Measure 1 1/2 cup of each.
- In a large bowl mix together butter, zucchini and potato. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Press into sides and bottom of a pie pan to make a crust
- Cook for 25
- 30 minutes until it begins to brown.
- For Filling
- In a large skillet brown and crumble sausage. Set aside to cool
- Saute mushrooms on high heat until brown and there is no liquid in the pan. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl mix together cooled sausage, cooled mushrooms, salt, pepper, onion powder, chives, sage, and cheese. Pour into the crust and spread evenly.
- In a separate bowl whisk together eggs and yogurt. Slowly pour over sausage and cheese mixture in the crust.
- Turn oven down to 350 degrees and bake for 25
- 30 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Tip: Light cover edges of the crust with strips of foil to prevent the crust from burning.