Pistol Pete Pizza Bites
“There’s something about opening a product made in the great state of Oklahoma. You can taste the greatness; a product of Oklahomans’ hard work. You can see the Oklahoma pride that is put into each product. I had so much fun trying new ingredients that are produced locally. It is important to support other Oklahomans and grow the state’s economy. It also helps our local farmers stay in business. When you buy Oklahoma products, you know they’re going to get the best.” – Olivia McGuire
- Mix the flour and salt in a mixing bowl and add chilled butter. Use a pastry cutter to cut thebutter into the flour. Make a well in the center of the flour and pour in the ice cold water.
- Mix in using pastry cutter. Use hands at the end to finish mixing and form dough into a ball. You will see butter pieces in the ball. Place dough on a floured work surface.
- Flour rolling pin and roll out dough into 10 inch rectangular shape. Use pastry brush to brush off excess flour.
- Fold the bottom third of dough towards the center and the top third over that, brushing off excess flour.
- Turn the dough a quarter turn and roll out the same way 5 more times adding flour as needed.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Remove dough and cut using a biscuit cutter. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Return to refrigerator until ready to assemble.
- Pour bloody mary mix into a small saucepan. Remove 1 T. of sauce and place in small bowl with corn starch, mix well. Heat bloody mary mix, when warm add cornstarch mixture and whisk until the sauce thickens. Stir in oregano and remove from heat.
- Melt 1 T. butter in a small pan, add chopped mushrooms and saute. Remove from heat and cool.
- Chop topping.
- Gather all ingredients and remove pastry rounds from the refrigerator. To assemble, spoon 1 t. sauce on rounds and spread to near edges. Sprinkle with
- 1 T. Cheese and top with mushrooms, tomatoes, and both peppers.
- Place in the oven preheated to 400° for 10 minutes. Bottom of the pastry should be lightly browned.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve immediately while still warm.