Baked Strawberry French Toast
- Prep Time = 0hrs 0mins
- Cook Time = 0hrs 0mins
- Servings = 8
Surprise mom with this easy to make baked french toast. Assemble the night before, refrigerate then pop in the oven for Mother’s Day brunch.
- 1 loaf La Baguette French Bread or 1 loaf Braum's Artisan Whole Wheat Honey Bread
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Braum's Milk
- 1 cup Braum's Half & Half
- 2 tbsp Griffin's Original Syrup
- 1 tsp Griffin's Vanilla
- 1/4 cup Southern Okie Gourmet Strawberry Spread
- 1/2 TSP ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Stick Braums Butter
- 2 tsp Griffin's Original Syrup
- 1 cup Chopped Miller Pecan Co. Pecans
- 1/2 cup Southern Okie
- 2 cups Fresh strawberries, Chopped
1. If using French bread, cut into 1-inch thick slices. Place bread (either French bread or Braum’s sandwich bread) in a single layer in a buttered 9-by-13-inch baking dish.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, half-and-half, syrup, vanilla, strawberry spread, cinnamon and nutmeg. Pour over bread.
3. In a small bowl, mix together topping ingredients – brown sugar, butter, syrup, pecans and strawberry spread. Spread over bread. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Remove dish from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake, uncovered, 40-50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
5. Serve with chopped fresh strawberries and additional syrup.