Loaded Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Prep Time = 0hrs 10mins
- Cook Time = Arrayhr 15mins
- Servings = 8
These potatoes are a break from your ordinary side dishes. They’re great alongside ham for Easter dinner or with barbecue during March Madness.
- 4 Sweet Potatoes, Washed and Dried
- 2 Tbs Hiland Heavy Whipping Cream
- 4 Tbs Hiland Butter, melted
- 3 Tbs Griffin's Original Syrup
- 1/4 cup Hiland Sour Cream
- 1/4 tsp Head Country All Purpose Championship Seasoning
- 2-4 Tbs Chipotle sauce, depending on your heat prefrence
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 slices Bar-S Thick-Cut Bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
Place potatoes on a foil-lined baking sheet, and bake in a preheated 400-degree oven for 50 to 55 minutes, or until done. Let cool for 10 minutes.
Slice potatoes in half lengthwise, then carefully scoop out the soft potato, leaving the skin intact.
Warm the cream in a saucepan or in the microwave. In a large bowl, combine sweet potato with cream, melted butter, pancake syrup, sour cream, seasoning and chipotle sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Scoop mixture into the sweet potato skins.
Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees, and bake 15 minutes. Add crumbled bacon during the last 5 minutes of cooking. Remove from oven, and sprinkle with green onions.