Sugar and Spice Sweet Potato Bread
- Prep Time = 0hrs 0mins
- Cook Time = 0hrs 0mins
- Servings = 8
Serve this spiced bread warm with butter and honey for breakfast or dessert.
- 2 Triple S Farms Sweet Potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch cubes
- 2 eggs
- 1 stick Braum's butter, melted
- 1/4 cup Braum's buttermilk
- 1/2 cup Southern Okie Apple Spread
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp Griffin's vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups Shawnee Mills All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 2 (8-by-4-inch) loaf pans with nonstick spray.
2. Peel sweet potatoes and cut into 2-inch cubes. Bring a large pot of water to boil,
and cook sweet potatoes until tender, about 15 minutes. Mash them and reserve.
3. Add sweet potatoes, melted butter, buttermilk, Southern Okie apple spread,
sugars, eggs and vanilla, and whisk until combined.
4. in a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice,
cloves and salt. Pour the egg mixture over dry ingredients, stirring to combine.
Gently fold the batter until all ingredients are incorporated.
5. Pour batter into pans. Bake 45 minutes, or until golden brown and a toothpick
inserted in the middle comes out clean. Allow bread to cool in pans for 10 minutes
before removing to a wire rack. Spread with Braum’s Butter.