Beer Brats Cook Out
- Prep Time = 0hrs 0mins
- Cook Time = 0hrs 0mins
- Servings = 4
Level up your cookout with MIO ingredients!
- 2 packages Lovera's Original Italian Sausage
- 1 can Coop Ale Works Spare Rib Pale Ale
- 4 tbsp Hiland butter
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 medium bell pepper, sliced
- 8 oz J-M baby portabella mushrooms
- 1 1/2 tsp Head Country All Purpose Championship Seasoning
- 2 La Baguette French Loaves, cut into fourths and sliced
1. Cut sausages into 4-5 links each. Poach sausages in Coop beer. Simmer beer in a large saute pan, and poach links in batches for 5 minutes each in the beer. Reserve the sausage for grilling and
the beer poaching liquid for the saute.
2. Heat a large saute pan with the butter, and saute the onions and peppers until they have just
started browning. Add the mushrooms, and saute until golden brown. Don’t leave unattended,
and stir until golden brown. Pour the reserved beer over the vegetables, and simmer until
thickened, to create a butter-beer sauce.
3. Grill the sausages over medium-high heat on an outdoor grill or inside in a grill pan. Serve with
the french bread. Great with Made in Oklahoma products including Peach Crest Ranch beef
burgers with Braum’s buns, Scissortail Farms butterhead lettuce, Head Country Bar-B-Q Sauce
and Seikel’s Oklahoma Gold Old Style Mustard.