Bacon Ice Cream
Prep Time =
Cook Time =
2 cups half-and-half
1 cup whipping cream
1 /2 cup sugar
3 tablespoons Griffin’s Butter Pecan Syrup
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
4 egg yolks
6 strips of Bar S Bacon chopped
1 Fields German Chocolate Pecan Pie
1 Big Mama’s Peach Cobbler
1. Combine all ingredients except egg yolks and bacon in a large saucepan and place over medium heat. Bring to a simmer.
2. Remove from heat and temper in the egg yolks. Pour mixture into container and add chopped bacon, refrigerate mixture until cooled completely.
3. Once mixture is completely cooled, freeze mixture in ice cream freezer according to unit's instructions. The mixture will not freeze hard in the machine.
4. Remove from ice cream machine and place in freezer for at least 1 hour before serving.
5. Serve with either German chocolate pie or cobbler, either is so good!