July Recipes of the Month
Made in Oklahoma Coalition Announces July Recipes
The Made in Oklahoma Coalition officials are delighted to announce the July Summer recipes with delectable creamy treats, picnic classics, and modern twists! This July celebrate America and Oklahoma with MIO!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
1 cup Hiland Unsalted Butter
1/3 cup shortening
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 tablespoon Griffin's vanilla
3 1/2 cups Shawnee Mills All-Purpose Flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 pint Billy Goat Bourbon Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (for the adults)
1 pint Billy Goat Salted Caramel Ice Cream (for the kids)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, shortening, white sugar and brown sugar until creamy, 3 to 4 minutes. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
2. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt, then mix into the creamed mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips.
3. Place 1/4 cupfuls of dough onto baking sheet, allowing for approximately 9 cookies per sheet. Slightly flatten each dough ball with the palm of your hand. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until light golden brown. Don't overbake. Cool 2 minutes before removing from baking sheets.
4. Once cooled, sandwich cookies with scoops of Billy Goat Ice Cream.
5. Eat immediately. Or, to store, wrap each sandwich in plastic wrap, and then place in a large freezer bag, and keep in freezer.
Ice Cream Sandwich Tip:
Slightly under bake cookies. This keeps cookies soft and chewy, even once frozen.
Cool Summer Pasta Salad
1 package Della Terra Fusilli dry pasta
1 bunch broccolini stems, cut into ½-inch pieces
1 cup shredded carrots
½ cup spring onions, thinly sliced
1 cup Diane’s Legendary Italian Dressing
Cook the pasta using the directions provided on the package.
In the last minute of cooking, add the broccolini and finish the cooking time.
Drain and, while warm, add all other ingredients. Gently mix, then allow 15 minutes for cooling. Refrigerate.
Note: This salad is wonderful with oven broiled Chef’s Requested Bacon Wrapped Chicken, using Ace in the Bowl Salsa as a sauce.
Caesar Potato Salad
½ pound Greer’s Hickory Smoked Sliced Slab Bacon
2 pounds new potatoes, medium dice
1 ¼ cups Little Mike’s Caesar Salad Dressing
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 cup finely sliced red onion
3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped (optional)
Slice the bacon thinly and sauté until all the fat is rendered and golden brown. Drain and reserve bacon pieces for the salad.
Cover potatoes with water in 4-quart saucepot; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and cool slightly.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the Caesar dressing, pepper, onions, eggs, potatoes and bacon, mixing gently until the dressing has evenly covered the ingredients.
Note: This potato salad is a crowd pleaser when served with Made in Oklahoma’s Mountain View Sausage and Quick’N Eat Charbroiled Beef Patties.
The above recipes use ingredients from Made in Oklahoma Coalition food manufactures with products produced by Della Tara, Hiland Dairy, Shawnee Mills, Griffins, Billy Goat Ice Cream, Diane's Signature Dressing, Greer’s Sausage, Little Mike’s Caesar Dressing
About Made in Oklahoma Coalition
Providing a marketing and promotional platform to assist more than 60 Oklahoma food manufacturers, the Made in Oklahoma Coalition (MIO) builds brand preference and loyalty for members and its products. The MIO Coalition-member companies create a positive economic impact on the Oklahoma economy by employing more than 61,500 Oklahomans. The member-companies of MIO generate over $4.2 billion in annual sales for the state’s economy. The MIO Coalition continues to expand the footprint of Oklahoma’s food manufacturing sector through business retention and growth.