Food, Facts & Fun
Mini Baked Frittatas
- Prep Time = 0hrs 0mins
- Cook Time = 0hrs 0mins
These protein-packed mini egg cups are the perfect grab and go breakfast or lunch, since they can be made ahead and popped in the microwave to reheat.
- 1 tbsp olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 (8 ounce) package J-M mushroom
- 1 cup Scissortail Farms spinach leaves, lightly packed
- 1/4 tsp Daddy Hinkle’s Original Seasoning
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup Dairy Pure whole milk
- 1/2 cup Bar-S chopped ham
- 4 oz Lovera's Caciocavera cheese, grated, may substitute mozzarella
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray 6 small glass Pyrex ramekins with nonstick cooking spray. Alternately, you can spray a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray or line a muffin tin with paper liners.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, cooking until softened and the mushrooms have released most of their liquid, about 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove mushrooms from skillet to a bowl, leaving any remaining oil and liquid in the skillet.
3. Add spinach to the skillet and sauté until tender and wilted, about 10 minutes. Add a little extra olive oil, if needed while cooking.
4. Add the spinach to the bowl with the mushrooms. Stir in Daddy Hinkle’s seasoning, eggs, milk, ham and cheese.
5. Divide egg mixture evenly among ramekins or muffin tins. Bake until a toothpick inserted comes out clean, about 25 minutes.
6. Cool slightly before removing from ramekins or muffin tins. Or, serve directly from the ramekin. Serve hot or at room temperature.