Food, Facts & Fun
Fresh Flatbread Sandwich
- Prep Time = 0hrs 0mins
- Cook Time = 0hrs 0mins
Start by making homemade flatbread, then assemble your sandwich with Lovera’s Summer Sausage, Lovera’s Caciocavera cheese, Scissortail lettuce greens and Seikel’s Oklahoma Gold Mustard.
- 3-3 1/4 cups Shawnee All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/4 cups boiling water
- 1/2 cup instant potato flakes
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp instant yeast
- Lovera's Summer Sausage
- Lovera's Caciocavera cheese
- Scissortail Farms lettuce greens
- Seikel's Oklahoma Gold Mustard
- Soft Flatbread
1. Place 2 cups of the flour into a mixing bowl. Pour the boiling water over the flour, and stir with wooden spoon until fully incorporated. Cover and set to one side for 30 minutes.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the instant potato flakes and 1 cup of the remaining flour with the salt, oil and yeast.
3. Add this to the cooled flour/water mixture, stir, then knead for several minutes until a soft dough forms. The dough should form a ball, but will remain somewhat sticky. Add additional flour only if necessary; if kneading by hand, keep your hands and work surface lightly oiled. Let the dough rise, covered, for 1 hour.
4. Divide the dough into 8 pieces (each around 3 ounces). Cover, and let rest for 15 to 30 minutes.
5. Roll each piece into a 7" to 8" circle, and brown in cast iron pan over medium heat for about 1 minute per side, until they're puffed and with brown spots. Wonderful when served hot. Will refrigerate for 4-5 days, or freeze.
Additional add-ons for a filling lunch:
KiZe Raw Energy Bar
Oklahoma Ozarka Water