Food, Facts & Fun
Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- Prep Time = 0hrs 0mins
- Cook Time = 0hrs 0mins
Chicken Enchilada Casserole is exactly the dinner you need in your life that you can pull off any night.
- 2 whole Chef's Requested Santa Fe style chicken breast
- 1 can Cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup Hiland Sour Cream
- 1 (14.5 oz) can Green chiles, diced
- 1 15 oz Green chile enchilada sauce
- 1/4 cup Game On Salsa
- 12 6 inch corn tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1. Over a medium-high outdoor grill or an indoor grill pan, cook chicken until cooked through and juices run clear. Once slightly cool, cut into bite-size pieces.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, mix together cream of chicken soup, sour cream, 1/3 cup enchilada sauce and salsa. Add chicken, and stir to combine.
3. Pour 1/4 cup enchilada sauce into the bottom of an 8-by 8-inch baking pan and spread it out until most of the bottom is covered.
4. Use 3 tortillas to cover the bottom of the pan. You may need to cut or tear a tortilla to fill in the gaps. Spread 1/3 of the chicken mixture over the tortillas. Cover chicken mixture with 1/4 to 1/3 cup enchilada sauce. Use 3 more tortillas to cover the first layer. Add another 1/3 of the chicken mixture and cover the tortillas. Top with 1/3 cup enchilada sauce. Top with half the shredded cheese. Using 3 more tortillas, cover the second layer. Add remaining chicken mixture, and cover tortillas. Add another 1/4 to 1/3 cup enchilada sauce. Cover with remaining tortillas. Using remaining sauce, pour over the entire top, trying to cover as much of the tortilla as possible.
5. Spread remaining cheese over the top of the sauce. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until cheese is melted and casserole is bubbly.
6. Serve with chopped cilantro, Game On Salsa, Hiland Sour Cream and sliced limes.