Food, Facts & Fun
Jalapeno Popper Mac and Cheese
- Prep Time = 0hrs 0mins
- Cook Time = 0hrs 0mins
- 1 12 oz package Della Terra Campanelle
- 1 lb Bar-S Thick-Cut Bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 8 Tbs Hiland Butter
- 1/2 cup Shawnee Mills All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Hiland Milk
- 1 cup Hiland Half-and-Half
- 1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese , cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups Lovera's Caciocavera cheese, shredded
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup Ace in the Bowl Salsa
- 2 jalapenos, sliced
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
Cook pasta according to package directions. As pasta is cooking, cook bacon until crisp, and then crumble.
Melt butter over medium heat in a large saucepan. Add flour, stirring for about 2 minutes or until light brown. Gradually add milk and half and half, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil until thickened and smooth.
Remove from heat, and add cream cheese, Gruyere, cheddar and salt and pepper. Stir until cheese is completely melted.
In a large bowl, combine pasta with cheese sauce. Fold in crumbled bacon and salsa. Pour into a buttered 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Top with sliced jalapenos, and sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
Bake in a preheated 400-degree oven for 30 to 40 minutes, or until top is bubbly and golden brown.