Food, Facts & Fun
Fried Rosemary Potatoes
- Prep Time = 0hrs 0mins
- Cook Time = 0hrs 0mins
These potatoes are the perfect accompaniment with omelets for brunch.
- 2 pounds small new potatoes or fingerling potatoes
- ½ cup Hiland salted butter
- 1 ½ tablespoons Scissortail Farms rosemary, stems removed and chopped fine
- 2 small cloves garlic, minced finely
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Halve potatoes, then cook in boiling water until a fork can be inserted easily into potato. Strain in colander, and cool on a cookie sheet. These can be made a day ahead. After they have cooled you can place them in a 1-gallon plastic bag and refrigerate overnight.
2. When ready to serve, melt the butter over medium heat in a large saute pan. When the butter is melted and pan has heated through, add the potatoes and gently turn every 3-4 minutes to brown them evenly. After about 8 minutes, add the rosemary and garlic and allow this to saute for an additional 4-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.