Food, Facts & Fun
Warm Roasted Vegetable Salad
- Prep Time = 0hrs 0mins
- Cook Time = 0hrs 0mins
This fresh salad is complex enough to have for dinner.
- 1 bunch beets (about 3)
- 1 medium yellow onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 1/2 pound Triple S Farms sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 (8-ounce) package J-M mushrooms
- 1 small bunch asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ cup Miller Pecan Co. pecans
- 4 cups Scissortail Farms spring mix
- ¼ cup chopped Scissortail Farms basil
- ¼ cup grated Lovera’s Caciocavera cheese
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wrap beets in foil and roast in middle of oven until tender, 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Unwrap beets and cool. Remove skin from beets. Cut into slices. Toss with a drizzle of olive oil. This step can be done a day ahead. Keep roasted beets in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Warm in the microwave or a low oven before mixing with the remaining vegetables for the salad.
2. Toss together remaining vegetables: onion, sweet potatoes, mushrooms and asparagus with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place on a rimmed baking sheet, and roast for about 40 minutes, turning halfway through baking time. About 10 minutes before they’re done, sprinkle with pecans and toast until golden.
3. To assemble salad, place greens on a large platter. Drizzle with some of the dressing, and toss to coat. Arrange roasted vegetables over greens. Drizzle with more dressing. Top with basil and cheese. Serve immediately.
Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
3/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 clove garlic, minced
1 1/2 teaspoons Seikel’s Oklahoma Gold mustard
1 tablespoon Cheatwood’s honey
Salt and pepper to taste
1. To make the dressing, whisk all ingredients together until thoroughly combined.