Food, Facts & Fun
Hot Fudge Crock-Pot Cake
- Prep Time = 0hrs 0mins
- Cook Time = 0hrs 0mins
- Servings = 6
This rich chocolate cake bakes right in its own sauce when using a slow cooker.
- 1 cup Shawnee Mills all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- ½ cup cocoa powder, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Hiland milk
- 2 tablespoons Hiland butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon Griffin’s vanilla
- 1 Bedre solid milk chocolate bar, chopped
- ¾ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 ½ cups hot water
1. Combine flour, sugar, ¼ cup cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Whisk in milk, butter and vanilla. Fold in chopped chocolate. Spread evenly in a 4-quart slow cooker.
2. Mix together brown sugar and remaining ¼ cup cocoa powder. Sprinkle over batter. Pour in hot water. Do not stir! Cover and cook on high setting for 2 hours.
3. Once cooking is complete, turn off slow cooker and allow to sit for 30 minutes to slightly thicken hot fudge sauce.
4. To serve, spoon warm cake into bowl. Spoon hot fudge sauce over each portion. Serve with whipped Hiland Heavy Whipping Cream.