Food, Facts & Fun
Okie Ramen Bowl
- Prep Time = 0hrs 0mins
- Cook Time = 0hrs 0mins
- Servings = 4
The perfect mixture of Asian flavors and Oklahoma ingredients combine for a warming ramen bowl.
- 1 1 lb Oklahoma pork tenderloin
- 1 tbsp Head Country All Purpose Championship Seasoning
- 1/2 cup Head Country BBQ sauce
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 3 stalks bok choy
- 1-2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 8 oz package J-M mushrooms
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 small package rice noodles
- lime wedges, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Scissortail Farm cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup Scissortail Farms chives, chopped
- dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1/2 lb Bar-S bacon, cooked and crumbled
1. Combine Head Country seasoning and sauce in a shallow bowl. Cover and marinate at least 1 hour in the refrigerator.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Roast pork in a shallow baking dish for about 30 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees. Remove from oven, then let rest 10 minutes before slicing very thin.
3. In a large saucepan, bring the chicken broth to a boil. Turn heat down to simmer. Add bok choy, cooking for 3-5 minutes or until blanched.
4. Add soy sauce, mushrooms, ginger and noodles, simmering 5 minutes or until the noodles are done.
5. To assemble, pour noodles and broth into bowls. Add mushrooms and bok choy, if desired. Place sliced pork on top, followed by lime wedges, cilantro, chives, peanuts and bacon.