Food, Facts & Fun
Eggplant and Tomato Bruschetta
- Prep Time = 0hrs 0mins
- Cook Time = 0hrs 0mins
- Servings = 8
Let guests serve themselves by setting out toasted French bread and this savory bruschetta.
- 1 loaf La Bauguette bread
- 1 1/2 sticks Hiland butter
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 small eggplant, diced
- 1 package Scissortail Farms basil , 1 tablespoon finely chopped for sauce and leaves for garnish
- 1/2 cup Lovera’s Caciocavera cheese, shredded
1. Thinly slice the baguette on the bias and lay out on a large sheet tray.
2. Melt the butter with the garlic in a small saucepan on low heat until it just begins to brown.
3. Brush the bread slices and place in a 275-degree oven for 10 to 15 minutes until golden brown.
4. Heat the oil in a saute pan, and saute the onion until slightly translucent. Add the eggplant and chopped basil, continue sauteeing until the mixture begins to soften. Add the tomato basil sauce, and simmer for about 10 minutes.
5. Top bread slices with eggplant mixture, cheese and basil leaves for garnish.