Food, Facts & Fun
Korean Short Ribs
- Prep Time = 0hrs 0mins
- Cook Time = 0hrs 0mins
- Servings = 6
These glazed ribs will remind you of the best short ribs served at Chinese restaurants. They’re sweet, savory, sticky and addictive.
- 1/4 cup Daddy Hinkle's Liquid Meat Marinade
- 1/3 cup Cheatwood's Honey
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 4-5 lbs Peach Crest Farms flankenbeef short ribs, 1/2-1 inch thick
- 1 bunch Scissortail Farms chives, sliced for garnish
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Make marinade by whisking together Daddy Hinkle’s marinade, honey, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, 2 tablespoons sesame seeds and red pepper flakes.
2. Heat Dutch oven over medium-high heat. In small batches, brown the short ribs, just a few at a time to not crowd the pan. Reduce the heat, and layer the short ribs in the Dutch oven, alternating them with the marinade mixture. When you start to see bubbling, simmer, cover and place in the oven for 45 minutes.
3. Once cooked, remove the ribs and arrange on a serving dish. Garnish with sesame seeds and chives. Reduce the remaining sauce, and remove any fat from the surface. Serve with the sauce on the side or drench the ribs just before serving.