Food, Facts & Fun
Soft Christmas Cookies
- Prep Time = 0hrs 0mins
- Cook Time = 0hrs 0mins
This classic Christmas cookie will soon become a family favorite. The addition of sour cream makes for a soft, delicious cookie. Frost with your favorite buttercream frosting or royal icing.
- 6 cups Shawnee Mills All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup Hiland Dairy Unsalted Butter , room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp Griffin's Vanilla
- 1 (8 oz) container Hiland Sour Cream
1. Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
2. In another large bowl, with an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. This will take about 4 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the vanilla and sour cream, mixing on low speed until combined.
3. Add the dry ingredients, and beat at low speed until combined. Divide dough into two pieces, and shape into rectangles about 1 1/2 inches thick. Wrap in plastic wrap, and chill for at least 2 hours or overnight.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Roll dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Shape and cut cookies, and place on parchment-lined cookie sheets. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until cookies are just slightly golden around the edges. Don't over-bake if you want soft cookies. Transfer cookies to a rack, and let cool. Let cookies cool before frosting.