Food, Facts & Fun
Rich and Creamy Hot Chocolate
- Prep Time = 0hrs 0mins
- Cook Time = 0hrs 0mins
- Servings = 2
This creamy hot chocolate has a rich chocolate taste with a bit of a chili powder-kick.
- 2 cups Hiland Whole Milk
- 1 tbsp Cheatwood's Pure Raw Honey
- 1/4 tsp Griffin's Vanilla
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp dried ancho chile powder
- 2 Bedre Dark Chocolate Bars, chopped
- Garnish with Hiland freshly whipped cream, grated chocolate, cinnamon, ancho chili or marshmallows
1. In a small saucepan combine the milk, honey, cinnamon and ancho powder, and heat over medium. Keep an eye on this, as it can boil over.
2. Break up the chocolate bar into a small microwaveable bowl, microwave for 20 seconds then stir. Repeat until the chocolate is relatively smooth.
3. When the milk just begins to simmer, remove from heat, whisking in the melted chocolate. Whisk vigorously for 1 minute or until smooth. Serve with garnish.