Food, Facts & Fun
Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Meatballs
- Prep Time = 0hrs 0mins
- Cook Time = 0hrs 0mins
- Servings = 6
These meatballs are great over rice or pasta for dinner. And they’re equally good served on their own as an appetizer.
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs , made from toasted Braum's bread
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp Daddy Hinkle's seasoning
- 2 lbs Peach Crest Farms ground beef
- 1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 can Suan's Scotch Bonnett Tomato Jam
- 1/2 cup Garden Club grape jelly
- 1/2 cup packaged brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Garden Club Vinegar
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, cubed
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, combine eggs, bread crumbs, garlic
cloves and Daddy Hinkle’s. Add ground beef, mixing until ingredients are combined.
2. Shape into 1 to 2-inch balls. Place on a cooking rack in a baking pan. (This keeps
the meatballs from getting soggy and helps them brown.) Bake for 20 minutes or
until lightly browned.
3. In a large bowl, combine tomato sauce, chicken broth, tomato jam, grape jelly,
brown sugar and vinegar. Transfer the meatballs to a slow cooker. Add pineapple
and green pepper. Pour sauce on top.
4. Cook on low 3 hours or until meatballs are cooked through and flavors have
5. Add the pineapple and peppers and cook for an additional hour.