Food, Facts & Fun
Mini Ancho Sausage Muffins with Green Chile Gravy
- Prep Time = 0hrs 0mins
- Cook Time = 0hrs 0mins
- Servings = 24 mini muffins
These flavor-packed sausage cornbread muffins are even better dunked in green chile gravy. Yum!
- 1 package Lovera's Italian rope sausage
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup Hiland whole milk
- 2 packages Shawnee Mills Corn Muffin mix
- 1/4 tsp ancho chili powder
- Green Chili Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 3/4 cup water
- 1 package Shawnee Mills Country Gravy Mix
- 1/2 cup Diane's Hatch Valley Green Chili Sauce and Salad Dressing
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease or spray mini muffin tins.
2. Remove sausage from the casing, and saute over medium heat until browned and cooked through, being sure to break up the sausage into fine chunks.
3. In a medium size mixing bowl, mix the eggs, milk, corn muffin mix, ancho chili powderuntil you have a smooth batter consistency. Add sausage, stirring to combine, being careful not to overmix.
4. Using a small spoon fill each muffin cup 3⁄4 full, and bake in oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Instructions for gravy:
1. In a small saucepan, bring the water to a boil, then whisk in the gravy mix. Allow this to thicken, then add hatch dressing.