Food, Facts & Fun
Watermelon and Spinach Salad
- Prep Time = 0hrs 0mins
- Cook Time = 0hrs 0mins
A tangy honey-lime dressing complements the sweet watermelon and bitter arugula in this unique salad.
- 1 Triple S Watermelon, partly cut into 1" cubes to equal 3 cups and remaining watermelon sliced into 1" slices for serving
- 2 cups Scissortail Farms baby spinach
- 2 cups Scissortail Farms arugula
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup Scissortail Farms mint leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp Andrew's Honey Bees pure honey
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1. Place each of four watermelon slices onto plates for serving. You may cut these into squares, rounds or triangles.
2. In a large bowl, combine cubed watermelon, spinach, arugula, onion, mint and feta.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lime juice, honey and salt.
4. Combine watermelon mixture with dressing. Serve on top of watermelon slices. Drizzle with additional balsamic vinegar. Serve immediately. (If not serving immediately, keep dressing and salad ingredients separate until serving time.